In order to volunteer at Blessed Trinity and work with students, The Archdiocese of Atlanta requires all parents be VIRTUS trained and background checked. The process is quite easy and last for 5 years. Please follow the link below to sign up for a class near you. Once you are trained, you will be permitted to enter the building during school hours and participate in the many wonderful ministries and volunteer opportunities BT offers.
Please follow the instructions on how to create an account and to pre-register by clicking here.
A summarized version of the registration steps are listed below:
1. Go to https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/
2. Click on Registration
3. Select Begin the Registration Process
4. Select Atlanta, GA (Archdiocese) from the drop down menu
5. Create User ID and password – Do not use a shared email address
6. Complete personal information
7. Select primary location, role, and title (If you are an EMPLOYEE of the Archdiocese of Atlanta, please select your employer as the primary location)
8. Let us know if you are involved with more than one location
9. Select a Protecting God’s Children session from the list
If you have already attended a VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children training session in another diocese within the last 10 years, you will not be required to retake it since VIRTUS training records are transferrable within dioceses in the United States. However, you may be required to attend and/or complete a refresher course depending on the date of your last VIRTUS training.
To transfer your VIRTUS account, please contact VIRTUS at 888-847-8870 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.