Letter from the Blessed Trinity Administration
Dear Blessed Trinity Community,
We posted a letter on our website on June 2nd, expressing our sorrow and outrage about recent events and the persistent problem of racism in our country. Since that letter, we have grown more fully conscious of the need to address racism within our own community. We have been reaching out to our families and alumni who have voiced their concerns and will continue to do so. Today, we want to update you on the measures we are taking so that our faculty, staff, parents, students and other stakeholders can become part of the solution, which we are all called to do through the love of Jesus Christ.
We are initiating the following actions to ensure that every Blessed Trinity student feels welcome and is treated with dignity and respect:
- The formation of a social justice committee consisting of administrators, faculty members, counselors, and parents who will meet on a regular basis to discuss a variety of initiatives to ensure a more inclusive educational environment
- The continual review of our curriculum so that it better reflects the realities of a changing and more inclusive world, integrating Catholic Social Teaching as it relates to human dignity and the respect and love for all human persons
- Work with members of our guidance department, campus ministry and administrative staff to update policies that ensure that all students feel safe and are fully aware of the process to report any incident of racial injustice or discriminatory actions
- Work with our students toward a greater understanding and respect of every human person to combat social injustice; as well as establishing a committee led by students so their voices can be heard
- The commitment to advertise employment opportunities through a broader range of media in order to recruit a more racially diverse faculty, staff and administration
- The expanded outreach to our broader community to increase the racial diversity of the student body through our admissions and enrollment process
- The immediate implementation of ongoing diversity training for our administrators, faculty, staff, and students to address cultural awareness, microaggressions, and racial bias
We look forward to sharing the progress of these initiatives with our community. As always, we continue to pray and work to make Blessed Trinity Catholic High School a place for all students, families and members of our community to grow in faith while living out Christ’s message of love and service. We will continue to listen to our students and value their input as we learn and grow as a united family. We ask that you pray for Blessed Trinity as we keep working toward being a Christ-centered community whose goal it is to treat everyone with kindness, dignity, respect and equality.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Blessed Trinity Catholic High School Administration