Our mission is to serve and enrich the BT student body by providing individualized support to students with learning differences through the development of academic strategies and self-advocacy skills. We work closely with our students' families and teachers in order to encourage a student's growth, both academically and developmentally. We believe that every student has the ability to be successful, and it is our mission to help students find that path to success.
Blessed Trinity's Academic Support Center
Our Academic Support Team
Allison is an experienced math teacher who previously worked in BT's Math Department. In addition to her background in special education, her knowledge of the classroom allows her to ascertain student needs within their math courses. Allison supports 10th and 11th grade students, and she handles accommodations for ACT testing.
Kim is an experienced English teacher who previously worked in BT's English Department, serving as both teacher and English Department Chair. In addition to her background in special education, her knowledge of the classroom allows her to ascertain student needs within their English and writing based courses. Kim supports 9th and 12th grade students, and she handles accommodations for SAT/College Board testing.
Services provided by the Academic Support Center
- Evaluate psychological / educational testing in order to develop Individualized Accommodations Plans that meet students' specific learning needs.
- Monitor students’ progress on a weekly basis. Meet regularly with students to evaluate performance in all courses and discuss areas of success or improvement. Work together to develop strategies to aid with study skills, organization, and test preparation.
- Ensure that students understand how to use their approved accommodations, and monitor the students’ use of accommodations
- Collaborate with classroom teachers in order to provide appropriate supportive measures for specific courses. Additionally, work with Guidance Counselors, administrators, and parents in order to collectively promote student success.
- Request accommodations for ACT and College Board (SAT, AP) tests.
- Coordinate the STARS (Students Teaching & Reaching Students) program, a peer tutoring program available to all BT students.
- Recommend private tutoring resources for students who may need more learning support than a STARS tutor can provide.
- Provide professional development for teachers to learn more about strategies and support for students with learning differences.