2023 National Blue Ribbon School
Blessed Trinity Catholic High School, a coeducational college preparatory school in the Archdiocese of Atlanta, cultivates an environment where students can flourish, learn, and reach their full potential. Faith and values are integrated throughout all elements of learning in order to promote each student's spiritual, emotional, intellectual, social, and physical growth through a multi-level curriculum designed to meet the needs of each student.
Blessed Trinity Catholic High School operates on an A/B block schedule which allows students to take up to 8 classes per semester, with 4 classes meeting each day.
Many courses are offered on multiple levels: Academic, Advanced, and Honors/AP. Student placement is based upon aptitude and performance in the various disciplines. While the curricula are parallel, in that each level of the course has similar goals and objectives, the level of instruction varies by methodology, degree of difficulty and volume of information presented.
Standard Level Courses
- Designed to meet the needs of students who want a college preparatory curriculum
Advanced Level Courses
- Designed to meet the needs of students who want a college preparatory curriculum, who can complete tasks with minimum supervision and who have an above average level of aptitude and achievement
Honors/AP Level Courses
- Designed to meet the needs of students who want an advanced college preparatory curriculum, who are highly motivated, and who have a high level of responsibility, aptitude and achievement. Principles and concepts are explored in greater depth and more independent work is expected of the student.
- Honors and AP courses are weighted and points are added to the actual earned grade on report cards and transcripts.
- Honors courses add four additional points
- AP courses add eight additional points
The maximum grade a student can earn is 100 in a Standard or Advanced level course, 104 in an Honors course, and 108 in an Advanced Placement course. No weight can change a failing grade to passing, and no weight will be added to a failing grade.
Blessed Trinity has earned Platinum recognition on the 2023 AP School Honor Roll.
Criteria set to reach Platinum recognition:
- Expanding the school's college culture by enabling 80% of the Class of 2024 to experience 1 AP course before graduating.
- Assisting with college affordability by enabling 50% of the Class of 2024 to earn college credit by earning an AP Exam score of 3.
- Optimizing students' college readiness by creating opportunities for 15% of the Class of 2024 to take a total of 5 AP classes across their high school years, with at least 1 taken in 9th or 10th grade.