Financial Aid 2018-2019
Financial aid is a needs based program. Each application is looked at on an individual basis and there is no income limitation. Approximately 19% of our students receive financial aid. To apply for financial aid you must fill out an on-line application. All complete applications will be reviewed and award letters will be mailed with your acceptance letter from Blessed Trinity. FINANCIAL AID SHOULD BE APPLIED FOR AT THE SAME TIME AS ADMISSIONS - DO NOT WAIT TO BE ACCEPTED BEFORE APPLYING FOR AID.
DEADLINE FOR FINANCIAL AID APPLICATIONS IS MARCH 1ST
Please be aware of the following:
- The maximum financial aid award is 80% of tuition ($9800 for the 17-18 school year.)
- Students who are awarded financial aid must complete work study during school hours. (Work-study takes the place of an elective course. Our graduation requirements are structured so that students on work-study are able to get all credits needed for graduation. Depending on the amount of aid awarded your student is required to work one or two semesters.)
- Incoming freshmen are NOT required to complete work-study their freshmen year.
- Financial aid is an ANNUAL award, you must reapply every year and your award amount may change every year based on your current circumstances.
- If your student is coming from a public middle school please fill out the GRACE scholarship application in addition to the financial aid application. The GRACE application can be found at www.gracescholars.org under the “For Parents” tab. The GRACE application (and supporting documentation) should be sent directly to Blessed Trinity. (Please see note at bottom of page concerning GRACE Scholars and other SSO transfers.)
- You must apply on-line at www.factstuitionaid.com. Click on the applicant sign-in button and follow the step by step instructions. (FACTS charges a $30 application fee.)
- You will need all of your monthly and annual household expenses to be able to complete the application.
- Under the Student and School information section please make sure you enter ALL students attending a private elementary or high school, not just those students attending Blessed Trinity. (College expenses are listed in another section.)
- You must fax your 2017 tax return (all pages and all schedules) and your 2017 W-2/1099 to FACTS at 1-866-315-9264.
- If you have partnership income you will also need to fax your 2017 1065 and Schedule K-1.
- If you have an S-Corp you will also need to fax your 2017 1120S and Schedule K-1.
- Only under extreme circumstances will 2016 tax returns be accepted, this must be pre-approved by the Business Manager.
- Applications that are complete by the March 1st deadline will be given priority processing and will receive an award letter with your admissions decision letter on April 1, 2018.
- Applications are not considered complete and no aid will be awarded until FACTS reviews your tax returns.
- Applications completed after the deadline will be charged a $50 late fee that will be deducted from your financial aid award. In addition late applications, not due to a job loss/change, may be subject to a $500 reduction in aid per student.
- If you have any additional questions please contact Monica Chambers, Dir. of Finance & Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRACE SCHOLARS, INC
GRACE Scholars, Inc. is the official scholarship organization (SSO) for the schools sponsored by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta. All students receiving GRACE Awards have demonstrated financial need as determined by a third-party analysis of a family's ability to pay tuition.
Schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta reserve the right to decline funding from SSOs which do not award scholarships based on financial need. In addition, the maximum amount of SSO scholarships awarded to students in Archdiocesan Schools is the lowest of the following: student's calculated financial need; 80% of the tuition rate applicable to the student; an index of per-pupil public school spending in Georgia; and, the maximum cap established by the local school.
GRACE Scholars, Inc. welcomes the transfer of Funding from one SSO to another as allowed by state law. In these instances, the school reserves the right to award GRACE scholarships in accordance with local procedures.